Friday, June 5, 2009

Storyboard Illustration and Design


Chicky
Current mood: Happy
Current action: Drinking milk




Porky
Current mood: Happy
Current action: Playing Ultraman vs Dinosaur



A quick snapshot.
I already switched back to my wireless Streamyx. Surprisingly, uploading and publishing is way smoother than expected. *BIG SIGH*

(Playing imaginary Ultraman vs Dinosaur)






(Porky devours Dinosaur)





(Decided to settle comfortably in his corner)





(Chicky decided to be cheeky)





........................................................................................................................................

Behold... my very first hero design for HANC SAGA. The illustration below is done using:
  • Adobe Illustrator CS2
  • Adobe Photoshop CS2

(Old Design : HANC & CROW)

Initially I started with sketches but I lost my diary so I couldn't scan and upload in this blog. If I ever find it, I will surely update here or in a new post (depending on the scale I drawn). The left side of the hero's face is covered to give a mysterious look.

Hairstyle reminds me of Kakashi (Anime: Naruto Shippuuden) which is quite accidental. And the cape... basically I thought of simplifying the design to just a cape until I do more research on medievel costume. However I can't hide him in a cape all the time so I abandon the whole cape idea.

Hair colour: Bluish shade (original colour), white (due to a curse)
Eye colour: Black
Name: Hanc (to be developed further in the strips --> last name)
Overall colour: Urban, gothic & somber

As shown in the next pic, I came up with 8 different angles on how Hanc would look like when I animate him in my strips. The shoes also play a vital role in movement.


(Design Board 1 : HANC)

Below are the completed Hanc design on hair, body, costume and shoes. I just kept working on it and improved on the way he pose until I'm satisfied which ended with more than I expected in the final layout.


(Design Board 2 : HANC)

(Design Board 3 : HANC)


(Accessories : HANC)























(Shoe Design : HANC)

FIRST STAGE






SECOND STAGE






THIRD STAGE









(Design Board 4 : HANC)

All illustration are done using Illustrator. I find this software easy to use especially re-sketching Hanc and the result was even better than I thought. My sketches on the diary are messy (as most sketches do) and at that time I didn't even thought of investing in a proper sketch book since I collected alot of old diaries a couple of years back. Nothing goes to waste.

(Final Design : HANC & CROW)

Final name: Hanc
Final hair colour: Black (original colour), silver white (due to a curse --> to be developed later)
Final eye colour: Black
Attire: Left glove RED (due to a curse --> to be developed later)

note: Of all characters, Hanc's has more detail to illustrate his importance and skill


Hanc Facial Expressions:

Angry: Really angry : Mad




Furious : Mad as HELL




Dumbfounded : Really dumbfounded




Happy : Really happy




Extremely happy : Tearfully happy




Awe : Exasperated : Sigh




Troubled




Thoughtful




Normal




Surprised : Really surprised




Spaced out





Stages of Hanc's Sword Design


FIRST STAGE



SECOND STAGE


THIRD STAGE




Lastly, the design for Hanc's companion, CROW. Initially the colour for it's beak and feet are gray. It didn't turn out very nice so I changed it to yellow.


(Design Board : CROW)

I'm done for now. Been editing the whole day but that's not the main problem. I barely understand the HTML of this blog and trying to figure out how to set a standard alignment for my texts and pics. A slight mistake somehow changes the entire alignment and I have to re-type and re-paste all over again.

My boys had a tiring day yesterday. Today they slept for more than 4 hours nap time which allows me to re-edit the pics and adding more scrambled sketches for reader's viewing. Thank you boys. Over and out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin