Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 30


Oh... we're in our last trimester already . Ngau ngau is doing fine, constantly kicking and moving about without end. In fact for the past week, I hardly get much eye shut. Ob-gyn said it's normal and may due to baby's rapid movement. Also, I may be excited or thinking too much because apart from worrying about Chicky's & Porky's health, I realized I haven't make a checklist for Ngau ngau's arrival!!!

Random things which I remember reminding Maid to do

  • Take out old white cotton nappies to wash
  • Search for nappy safety pin
  • Take out old sarongs and shirts for confinement period
  • Search for old mittens and booties

There are still hundreds of little details I haven't actually prepared, like

  • Disposable nappies for night time
*Remind myself NOT to get newborn size! Porky couldn't fit in and we had a totally sleepless night after discharged from the hospital, dealing with screaming Porky and leaky diapers (too small).

*Remind myself MUST GET disposable nappies for night time! Chicky was never on disposable up to more than his first month because afraid he might develop nappy rash. That decision caused me
Post-Natal Depression. Took quite a long time to realize and recover.


  • New milk bottles (not to mix up with the elder boys) and space allocation
  • New clothes
*MIL suggests using back the elder boy's clothes but I do preserve some special moments with each of my boys. Who to say Newborns/ CNY or even Birthdays, a child don't get to wear something new. shoo~


  • Need few more nursing bras, cotton hankies (as breast pads) and maternity pads
  • Lots and lots of facial cottons (to clean Ngau ngau)
  • Search for my Ikea Gullunge changing pad (if can't find Dolzer say buy again )
  • Formula milk just in case breast milk has not kick in immediately
I had a stressful time when I first gave birth to Chicky because my breast milk only comes in after 6 days. We practically starved him for couple of days with spoonfuls of water before coming to our senses and get the formula!

Porky's time was 4 days. At that time we already got the formula milk ready and once breast milk arrives, the entire can was dumped.

  • Much more... Much more

I can't think anymore. These are just random thoughts that came up when I write this post and knowing the two elder boys all hell will surely breaks lose. Which is why I need a proper checklist!

FINAL SCAN BEFORE BIRTH

Chicky at 30 weeks

Porky at 30 weeks

Ngau ngau at 30 weeks

My camera is kinda old so the pics are extremely blurry. These are the best shots I could take. It's hard to identify the shapes on the ultrasound scans so I crop the boys pics for a clearer view


Chicky's profile on the scan

Chicky's right side profile, facing upwards. The pic on the right is how Chicky is positioned in the scan. Apparently sucking his right thumb.


Porky's profile on the scan

Surprisingly, Porky was at the same position as Chicky at 30 weeks scan. His eyes and nose are more visible compared to Chicky. And... Can it be coincidence? Sucking his right thumb too!


Ngau ngau's profile on scan

The youngest may take over Chicky's or Porky's looks. Or perhaps he has his own looks so the elder brothers are temporary used to illustrate Ngau ngau's left side profile, facing down slightly.

Ngau ngau is lucky because the pic was taken using 4D technology. Our ob-gyn recently bought a new scanning machine and he won't be charging us extra... yet. So we paid the 4D scan for 2D scan worth.

Lucky ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin