Saturday, September 5, 2009

Card Tag Making


I just wanted to put it up as a reminder on how I made the card tags for Chicky and Porky on Ma ma's birthday.

Most of my previous work had been done and forgotten because usually it came up last minute when I had a sudden stroke of artistic ingenuity.

Hopefully with this blog, I'm able to record all the little things I came up with and improved upon.

.........................................................................................................................................

Tools & papers

The coloured papers are collected since early secondary school. Randomly chosen a few according to:

  • Bright colours
  • Texture

The ISETAN shopping pamphlet on my right, in case I needed inspiration (though not related ).

The Dinosaur to distract Porky (just in case).

Chicky was out having dinner with Po po and Gong gong.

Rough sketch

The finished work!

Closer look

Porky came to inspect

Nibbled on his tag

Yum yum... Approved!

Inspecting gift to Ma ma

Got bored so played with his Dinosaurs

The characters

After finished sticking the coloured papers into the designated shapes, I attached it to a folded red A4 to serve as a tag and stick on the prezzies.

*Mindful at the top folded part.

Then practiced writing the characters. Found out by writing fast, it looked steady and more readable. If written slowly, my hands started to shake, making it looked all crooked. Like a foreign language.

Pencil sketch first

Completed work with a little touch-up

Folded side

Stick on prezzies

Tadaa ~

Chicky came back

Porky got tagged by Zzz-Monster

Chicky cheekily telling me he brushed his teeth

Hellzbunny: Good boy~ *muaks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin