Friday, June 26, 2009

Yum yum


One of my usual daily breakfast in the morning.


For this pregnancy I have cravings for English breakfast bacon and eggs. It would be heaven if I could get my hands on Shepherd's pie or Cottage pie. I saw a "chicken Shepherd's Pie" at Pantai Bangsar Starbucks on my last visit to my ob-gyn on Sat.

Hellzbunny: How can they call Shepherd's Pie if it's chicken.
Dolzer: It's the same once you eat it.
Hellzbunny: No, it's not.
Dolzer: Let's try if it taste the same.
Hellzbunny: Dowan.
Dolzer: Not everyday you see Shepherd's Pie on the menu.
Hellzbunny: It's not the same.
Dolzer: I'm ordering it so you'll stop bugging me for Shepherd's Pie.
Hellzbunny: NOOooooo *drags Dolzer with superhuman strength away from the counter*

So I didn't get to try it. Should have. Next time then.

My morning breakfast comes after I fed Porky's porridge and Chicky's milk. I shop for bacon and beans the day before.

Hash brown

On the pan

Cook the hash brown with a little olive oil.

Bacon, eggs, onion & beans

Other ingredients on the table
  • 4 slices of streaky bacon cost RM2.73 from Carrefour
  • 2 eggs (one for Chicky)
  • 1 medium onion - chopped
  • 1 small can of cheesy baked beans

Delicious streaky bacon

Next, the eggs and followed by bacon. Make sure the pan is hot when cooking bacon. Cook till it's golden crispy. Watch the fire (medium high) to prevent burnts because I use back the oil for my onion & beans. Yum ~


Onions

Fry the onions until you can smell the aroma. Then pour the beans.

Glorious beans

For the baked beans, I add a dash of pepper and tomato sauce. Sometimes I would add some loose parmesan cheese to give it a much creamier texture. Today found out cheese finished *sob*

Beans in a bowl

Done. Time spend: less than 15mins.

Tadaa~

Chicky sniffing the bacon

Porky wants to open the can

I thought of trying out this Pokka's chrysanthemum white tea with my breakfast. Not bad. The taste is very mild and not very sweet. The boys love it. Of course my breakfast was shared among all four of us (including Ngau ngau). Soon after ...

Burp~

The breakfast can be improved with
  • Home made lemonade
  • Toast with butter
  • Japanese cucumber or a can of baby corn
  • It'd be scrambled eggs or omelette instead of normal fried egg
  • Hot dog & ham
  • Fried mushrooms (Dolzer's favourite )

Those of course, can only be done in the weekend when Dolzer is around. So for the time being, I'm satisfied with today's breakfast. Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin